A checklist for you, if you are a secretary/PA and equivalent. A checklist if you are screening for your next secretary. A checklist if you’re just browsing around looking for something to read on.
Top 10 qualities of a great secretary:
1. Organized and detail oriented
2. Puts the boss’s and company’s “best foot forward” since he/she is most likely be in contact with clients before the boss does. Also known as the gatekeeper.
3. Answers the phone and greets guests with a smile on his/her face and in his/her voice.
4. Has up-to-date skills and the ability to learn new skills and procedures with ease.
5. Knows when to keep his/her mouth shut and when not to.
6. Listens well and presents solutions rather than mull over on problems. Always a few steps ahead than other people.
7. Presents a professional appearance and attitude at all times. Doesn’t bring personal problems to work.
8. Follows through quickly and efficiently with all tasks.
9. Terrific spelling and grammar skills, and knows how to interpret the boss’s scribbles!
10. Remembers the pressures the boss is under and doesn’t bother the boss with every little problem.
What’s on your list?